- Classes open to individuals age 16
& up. To register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include the your name, class
and date you would like to attend.
PLEASE REGISTER FOR CLASSES AT LEAST
TWO DAYS BEFORE THE CLASS DATE.
June | July
(M) Main Branch | (L) Lanesville Branch | (P) Palmyra Branch | (E) Elizabeth Branch
- The Book Box: Visit the Friends of the Library store, located in the library's parking lot on the corner of Oak & Chestnut Streets. Here you can buy books, magazines and movies--and all of the proceeds go directly to purchasing items for your library.
- Craft Night: This is a night made for those who would like some time and space to work on their different projects--bring your own project! COST: FREE
- Creative Cards Class: In this class, we will learn the techniques to make three cards to take home. COST: $5.00
- Friends of the Library: Become a member and be a part of our library community! Your time makes a difference, and your services are needed. Friends of the Library brochures are available at the Main library, or stop by a meeting.
- Intermediate Paper Quilling Class: You must know the basics of paper quilling before taking this class--in this session you will make a project to take home. COST: WILL BE DETERMINED BY PROJECT
- Let's Look at Nooks: In this class we'll explore the Nook e-Reader, which is available for checkout from all HCPL branches. Please call the Elizabeth Branch to sign up (969-2899). COST: FREE
- Medicare Informational Meeting: If you would like answers to your burning Medicare questions, come join us! COST: FREE
- Meet the Shredder: Bring one shoebox-sized bundle of documents and use the library's shredder to safely rid of your confidential papers. NO PRIOR REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- "Not Everyone": Harrison County genealogist Lynne Keasling will hold a workshop/discussion, in which she will offer suggestions to researchers on "other" places outside of the ordinary to look for ancestors. COST: FREE
- On the Road with MapQuest: Join us for a beginners' workshop on finding directions on the Internet. We will look at MapQuest and Bing maps, as time allows. Please call 969-2899 (Elizabeth Branch) to register. COST: FREE
- Playing with Pinterest: Join us for an introduction to this website (this workshop if for beginners). We will show you how to set up an account, how to "pin" items to your "board" and how to browse other Pinterest contributors. Please call 969-2899 (Elizabeth Branch) to register. COST: FREE
- Saw it on Pinterest Class: We will make something unique that we discovered on Pinterest! COST: TBD
- Quill and Quibbles Writers' Group: Get your creative juices flowing in this class that will help you develop your writing skills. YOU DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS. COST: FREE
- Wood Carving Club: A club for those who would like to learn the basic techniques of woodcarving and safety through carving small objects. Beginners are welcome! This club will meet every Wednesday so that members can continue on their current projects. Open to all ages, call 952-3759 (Lanesville Branch) to register COST: FREE