|Description of Online Databases
Career Cruising is an interactive career resource designed for people of all ages. Find the right career, explore different career options, or plan future
education and training!
World Book Online Edition
- World Book Kids
- World Book Advanced
- World Book Student
- World Book Discover
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos
Salem Press: Milestone Documents
in American History
The first of five primary source resources from the Schlager Group and Salem Press, it combines 134 full-text primary source documents with expert analysis and commentary. Five sets in the series, covering five major areas, are scheduled for publication:
- Milestone Documents in American
- Milestone Documents of American
- Milestone Documents in World History
- Milestone Documents of World Leaders
- Milestone Documents of World Religions
Salem Health brings online access to Salem Press’ award-winning health reference works. The first reference set included is Salem Press’ bestselling Magill’s Medical Guide. The Guide covers diseases, disorders, treatments, procedures, specialties, anatomy, biology, and issues in an A-Z format, with sidebars addressing recent developments in medicine and concise information boxes for all diseases and disorders.In its printed form, the current edition of the Guide has grown to five volumes and 3,500 pages. Scheduled for release in the following three years:
- Salem Health: Cancer
- Salem Health: Psychology & Mental Health
- Salem Health: Genetics & Inherited Diseases
- Salem Health: Infectious Diseases & Conditions
- Salem Health: Addictions & Substance Abuse
- Salem Health: Nutrition & Eating Disorders
Gale Virtual Reference Library
Provides access to more than 1,000 electronic reference titles in virtually any subject, including health, science, art, history, biography and many more.
Innovative eBook Web platform features:
- Full-text references from Gale and third-party publishers
- 24/7 availability
- Unlimited, simultaneous use
- No check in or check out
- No need for special readers or hardware
Auto Repair Reference Center
• More than 65,000 technical service bulletins & recalls issued by the original equipment vehicle manufacturer
• Wiring diagrams for easy viewing and printing
• Labor Time Guide & Estimator
• Specifications & maintenance schedules
• Quick Tips, a complete guide to vehicle ownership & maintenance
• Over 100,000 factory drawings and step-by-step photographs
Digital Sanborn Maps
Sanborn® fire insurance maps are detailed property and land-use records .The maps provide a wealth of information, such as building outline, size and shape, construction materials, height, building use, windows and doors, street and sidewalk widths, boundaries, house numbers, and more. The plans often include information and shading for steel beams or reinforced walls, plus symbols for stables, garages, warehouses, etc.
Learning Express Library
Interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial course series designed to help patrons, students, and adult learners succeed on the academic or licensing tests they must pass. Immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results.
America's Newspapers from NewsBank
The electronic editions of record for valuable local, regional, and national U.S. newspapers.
America's Obituaries & Death Notices from NewsBank
The largest and most comprehensive collection of newspaper obituaries and death notices.
ReferenceUSA contains more than 13 million, telephone-verified US businesses. Listings include contact information, addresses, phone numbers, sales revenue, employee size, parent and subsidiary relationships, latest news and headlines, plus much more. ReferenceUSA also contains health care information on more than 650,000 physicians and dentists. This database is updated monthly.
U.S. Statistical Abstracts
Contains a collection of statistics on social and economic conditions in the United States. Selected international data are also included. The Abstract is also your Guide to Sources of other data from the Census Bureau, other Federal agencies, and private organizations.
The following databases are available only at the Harrison County Public Library & Frederick Porter Griffin Center for Local History and Genealogy (not available for remote use):
- HeritageQuest Online
- Bowker Books-in-Print