Internet Access Rules
- You must sign in at the Reference desk before use and sign out after use.
- You must have a current Harrison County Public Library Card.
- Minors must have signed parent/guardian permission slip on file. Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied during Internet use by a parent or guardian.
- Only two at a time per terminal please. Both must sign in. All rules, including numbers 1 through 3 apply to each member of your group. No groups larger than two.
- Reserve users will be given first priority, so call ahead to reserve use if possible.
- Users will be limited to one hour at a time. If no one is waiting or scheduled to use the workstation, users may continue to use that computer until someone else requests use.
- If you wish to download files, you may use your own media (flash drive/external hard drive/CD or DVD). You may purchase writable CDs, DVDs and flash drives at the library.
- Not all library staff members are experienced with the Internet/Computer programs. Staff members may not always be available to assist you if you are not familiar with the Internet or using computer software.
- Library computer workstations MAY NOT be used to ACCESS, UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD, OR DISTRIBUTE PORNOGRAPHIC, OBSCENE, OR SEXUALLY EXPLICIT MATERIAL.
- Library workstations MAY NOT be used to TRANSMIT OBSCENE, ABUSIVE, OR SEXUALLY EXPLICIT LANGUAGE. If a library staff member observes a person viewing such material, that person will be directed to remove the material from the computer screen and refrain from viewing such material in the future. You will be warned and if abuse occurs a second time, you will lose your Internet privileges permanently. Any person who refuses to comply with these directions will be asked to leave the library premises.
- You may not use your own software.
- Remember you are in a library. Avoid playing sound files and keep your conversations quiet (headphones are available).
**The computers are available the same hours as the library. All printing and saving must be done at least 15 minutes prior to closing.
**You may be asked to leave the library and/or denied Internet privileges if you are unable to follow these rules.
**Harrison County Public Library assumes no responsibility for any damages, direct or indirect, arising from use of Internet services.