PART-TIME CIRCULATION ASSOCIATE POSITION
HCPL is seeking qualified candidates with flexible schedules for a circulation associate position at the Main Library:
- Please apply in person at the Main library in Corydon.
- An HCPL employment application is required (available at the front desk).
- This position is part time only, Fridays and Saturdays from 9am to 5pm.
- Sorting and shelving materials
- Issuing library cards
- Receiving library materials such as books, electronic media and cards
- Locating library materials for loan and replace material in shelving area, stacks, or files according to identification number and title.
- Registering patrons to permit them to borrow books, periodicals, and other library materials.
- Library clerical procedures and practices
- The Dewey Decimal System
- Good ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Good ability to pay attention to detail
- Good ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, associates and the general public
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 15 lbs.
- Average mobility needed.
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, hold, carry, bend, stoop, squat, kneels, push and maneuver book carts.