Disruptive and Other Problem Patrons
Rules of Conduct
The following behavior is not permitted:
- Loud talking & laughing
- Obscene language and cursing
- Running, rough-housing, or throwing things
- Placing feet on tables or chairs
- Fighting, real or pretended
- Eating & drinking
- Inappropriate display of affections
- Threats to others
- Please turn off your cell phone ringer while in the library. As a courtesy to all patrons, cell phone conversations are not permitted inside the library.
Soliciting is not permitted except in support of the Library and
sanctioned Library activities. Soliciting includes:
- Selling items
- Circulating petitions
- Distributing printed material
- Conducting surveys
Patrons may not bring any animals, except those trained to aid
Library business phones may not be used by patrons, excepting for
brief calls of an emergency nature. An emergency will be determined
by the Librarian on staff. Pay phones near the Library premises
are to be used by patrons whenever practical.
Weapons of any kind are prohibited in the Library.