Alcatel Link Zone 2 hotspots and Kajeet Smartspots are available to check out from your local HCPL branch.
The Kajeet Smartspots are ideal for students as they are filtered for content and are unavailable to use from 1am to 6am. 10 of the Kajeet Smartspots are connected to the AT&T network and 10 are connected to the Verizon network.
All Alcatel Link Zone 2 hotspots connect to the Sprint/T-Mobile network.
1.Borrowers of the Harrison County Public Library Hotspots must hold a current residential or paid
Harrison County Library card, be 18 years of age or older and have an account in good standing. Any
fees present on an account must be paid and any overdue materials must be returned before a Hotspot
can be checked out. Hotspots are available 1 per household only!
2. When checking out a Hotspot, the patron must present a current photo ID with name and current
address. The patron must also sign a form assuming complete responsibility for any damage to and/or
loss of the equipment or software configurations. Cost for replacement of Hotspot is between $95 and
$129.88 (depending on device) with any damages being capped at replacement cost. (Please see back of
sheet for cost breakdown.)
3. Patrons must return the Hotspot by the time specified. Hotspots overdue for more than 14 days will be
declared lost and full replacement costs will be charged to the patron’s account.
4. Hotspots may be checked out for a two-week period. Hotspots cannot be renewed.
5. Hotspots must be physically returned to a library employee. Hotspots may NOT be returned to the Book
or Media Drops; any damage caused by returning the Hotspot via Book or Media Drop will be charged
to the borrowing patron. Failure to return the Hotspot to a library employee will result in a six-month
suspension in Hotspot privileges.
6. Hotspots must be able to be turned on to check for functionality before being removed from the patron
7. If a Hotspot becomes overdue, it will be deactivated until it is returned.