Verizon JetPack MiFi 8800L, AT&T Unite Express 2 and T-Mobile hotspots are available to check out from your local HCPL branch.
TO PLACE A HOLD for a mobile hotspot, please contact your HCPL branch.
- Borrowers of the Harrison County Public Library Hotspots must hold a current residential or paid Harrison County Library card, be 18 years of age or older and have an account in good standing. Any fees present on an account must be paid and any overdue materials must be returned before a Hotspot can be checked out. Hotspots are available 1 per household only.
- When checking out a Hotspot, a patron must sign a form assuming complete responsibility for any damage to and/or loss of the equipment or software configurations. All parts are marked and we cannot accept replacements from patrons. Cost for replacement of Hotspot is between $95 and $199.99 (depending on device) with any damages being capped at replacement cost.
- Patrons must return the Hotspot by the time specified. Hotspots overdue for more than 30 days will be declared lost and full replacement costs will be charged to the patron’s account.
- Hotspots may be checked out for a two-week period. Hotspots cannot be renewed. If a Hotspot becomes overdue, it will be deactivated until it is returned. If a Hotspot is returned overdue, it will remain on patron’s account for the 24 hour deactivated period and patron will be unable to check out until then.
- Hotspots must be physically returned to a library employee. Hotspots may NOT be returned to the Book or Media Drops; any damage caused by returning the Hotspot via Book or Media Drop will be charged to the borrowing patron. Failure to return the Hotspot to a library employee will result in a six-month suspension in Hotspot privileges.
- Hotspots must be able to be turned on to check for functionality before being removed from the patron account.