If you have recently moved, changed your name, become a U.S. citizen or turned 18 years old, please visit the Indiana Voters Portal to update your registration information or register to vote.
On September 22, 2020, Americans will celebrate National Voter Registration Day with a massive cross-country effort to register voters well in advance of Election Day this November.
With a historic presidential election approaching, every eligible American voter should exercise his or her right to be heard at the ballot box, and National Voter Registration Day is the right day to start by getting registered.
Thousands of national, state, and local organizations and volunteers will be the driving force behind National Voter Registration Day 2020. Partner organizations will coordinate hundreds of National Voter Registration Day events on and offline nationwide, and leverage #NationalVoterRegistrationDay in all social media platforms to drive attention to voter registration.
www.NationalVoterRegistrationDay.org provides a listing of National Voter Registration Day events across the country, in communities and held virtually.
Founded in 2012, National Voter Registration Day is designed to create an annual moment when the entire nation focuses on registering Americans to exercise their most basic right—the right to vote. Nearly 3 million Americans have registered to vote on the holiday since the inaugural National Voter Registration Day in 2012.
- Healthy Voting Amid COVID: Know your options for voting in your state during COVID-19
- Know What’s on the Ballot: Learn about what’s on the ballot in your community
- Learn about Voting by Mail:
- Learn about Voting in-person (early or on Election Day):
- Help Others Vote:
- Serve as a poll worker or or help recruit them
- Sign up to be a nonpartisan election protection volunteer (for lawyers and non-lawyers alike!)
- Save the number of the election protection hotline in your phone–available in English, Spanish, Arabic, and several Asian languages. Then use this graphic to share widely with friends:
- Not quite old enough to vote this year? Find out if you can pre-register!
I Want to Get My Community #VoteReady
- Become a National Voter Education Week partner (October 5-9):
- Become a Vote Early Day partner (October 24):
- For nonprofit organizations: participate in Nonprofit VOTE’s digital activation calendar “Nonprofits Countdown to the Elections”