Need to send or receive a fax? Have to make copies? Does an application require you to scan or print something? The Harrison County Public Library can help you. Beginning Monday, May 18, the library will offer curbside document services in addition to curbside pickup of books, magazines and DVDs.
The process is simple and contact free. Just call the library, send a Facebook message or email any library branch to ask about document services. If you have a document you wish to copy, fax, scan or print from a flash drive simply:
- Bring your document to the library parking lot.
- Call the library when you are parked in the lot.
- Take the 2 gallon Ziploc bag from the plastic basket near the library book drop (or at the Palmyra Branch next to the side door).
- Complete the form in the bag with the enclosed pencil or your own pen.
- Place your document in the bag along with any needed payment and close the bag.
- Drop the bag with the enclosed document, completed form and payment in the library book drop and call the library from your car to let the staff know the document has been deposited. (If at Palmyra, return your bag to the plastic basket, and then call the library.)
- Stay in your car while you document is copied, faxed, scanned or printed.
- Library staff wearing mask and gloves will return the Ziploc with your documents, any copies and receipt to your car and place it in your popped trunk, empty passenger seat or on your car hood.
If you need to print a document that is not saved to a flash drive, there are some options:
- You may email the print job as an attachment to the library @ hcpl.lib.in.us.
- You may use the ePrintit app or click here to send your wireless print jobs through the library website.
- If you do not have a computer but know the website location of the document you need printed, you may call the library and ask for assistance.
Library staff will call you when your print job is ready for pickup. You will be told the cost of the print job. To pay when you arrive at the library parking lot, retrieve a Ziploc bag from the plastic basket near the book drop (at Palmyra Branch near the side door). Complete the form and place it and your payment in the book drop. (Or back in the plastic basket at Palmyra). Call the library from your car. Your documents and receipt will be brought out and placed in your popped trunk, empty passenger seat or on your car hood.
Hours for curbside service are:
Main Branch – 105 N. Capitol Ave., Corydon – 812-738-4110
Monday-Thursday 10 am – 7:30 pm Friday & Saturday 10 am -4:30 pm
Palmyra Branch – 689 Haub St, Palmyra – 812-364-6425
Monday-Thursday 11 am – 7:30 pm Friday & Saturday 9 am -4:30 pm
Lanesville Branch – 7340 E. Pennington St, Lanesville – 812-952-3759
Monday-Thursday 12-7:30 pm Friday & Saturday 9 am-4:30 pm
Elizabeth Branch – 5101 S. Main St., Suite 109, Elizabeth – 812-969-2899
Monday & Thursday 1-6:30 pm Tuesday & Wednesday 1-7:30 pm
Friday & Saturday 10:30-3:30 pm
For more information please call 812-738-4110 or send an email to email@example.com.