The Harrison County Public Library invites you to be creative in responding to weekly writing prompts during this pandemic. You may choose to write from the prompts that inspire you and include artwork. Your submissions will be archived in the Frederick Porter Griffin Center and may be included in a time capsule.
Click here to submit your work to HCPL. There is not a deadline–enter your story when convenient to you. You are encouraged to submit drawings, artwork, photos and poems, and please feel free to select a prompt from any age range.
Be sure to take a few minutes and enjoy the short video below that draws parallels between the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic and today’s COVID-19 pandemic in Harrison County.
Writing prompts for the week of May 18, 2020:
- Write a Covid-19 inspired poem to or about first responders/healthcare/frontline workers.
- Tell us about your idol/hero.
- Tell us how you cope with fear and anxiety during this time.
- What are your aspirations?
- What has worried you the most during this pandemic?
- Spring has begun–have you noticed anything different this year about nature?