The Harrison County Public Library is a recent recipient of the Indiana Humanities Advancing Racial Equity Collection Development Grant, which allowed the library to add titles to the OverDrive collection and physical library collection. Indiana Humanities said of the project, “Our goal is to help Hoosiers think, read and talk about racial injustice and systemic racism and to support libraries as key public humanities organizations in this work.” This project is made possible by a grant from Lilly Endowment.
You can access OverDrive from your web browser by clicking here. If you would prefer to access these titles from the Libby app on your mobile device, you can download Libby from the Apple App Store and Google Play. To log in, select Harrison County Public Library and enter your HCPL card number and PIN. If you need assistance with your PIN, please call your HCPL branch or send an email that includes your name and card number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These titles are from OverDrive and Libby
Click on a title to view in OverDrive
- Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People
- Case Studies on Diversity and Social Justice Education
- Chokehold: Policing Black Men
- Color Me In
- The Color of Compromise: The Truth about the American Church’s Complicity in Racism
- Colorblind: A Story of Racism
- Deacon King Kong: A Novel [available in eBook and audio book formats]
- How to Fight Racism: Courageous Christianity and the Journey Toward Racial Justice (unabridged)
- How We Fight White Supremacy: A Field Guide to Black Resistance
- “I Will Not Be Erased”: Our stories about growing up as people of colour
- No Ashes in the Fire: Coming of Age Black and Free in America
- Open Season: Legalized Genocide of Colored People
- Pedagogy of the Oppressed: 50th Anniversary Edition (unabridged)
- Reproductive Injustice: Racism, Pregnancy, and Premature Birth
- Say Her Name
- These Kids Are Out of Control: Why We Must Reimagine “Classroom Management” for Equity
- The Trouble With Black Boys: …And Other Reflections on Race, Equity, and the Future of Public Education
These physical items have been added to the library collection.
Click a title to access in the HCPL Enterprise catalog