In this 13th week of Tell Us Your Story, the Harrison County Public Library invites you to respond to the following writing prompts. You may choose to write from any of the prompts that inspire you and include original artwork. Your submissions will be archived in the Frederick Porter Griffin Center and may be included in a time capsule.
Click here to submit your work to HCPL. You are encouraged to submit drawings, artwork, photos and poems, and please feel free to select a prompt from any age range.
This week marks the last set of original prompts that the library will post; however, we will continue to accept your responses after July 31.
Click here to browse the writing prompts posted by HCPL from previous weeks and respond to the prompts that inspire you.
Writing prompts for the week of July 27:
- What would you like future generations to know about the Covid-19 experience? What advice would you give them about how to cope with a similar situation?
- If you could invite one famous person or historical figure to dinner, who would it be? Why?
- How do you think the “grown-ups” have handled events during the past few months? What would you do differently?
- Jump ahead twenty years into the future… where will you be and what will you be doing? What will the world be like? What do you see as the most important issues facing your generation in the coming years?
- When you go back to school, what sort of changes do you think you will see? How do you think classes will be different?
- Write a story using as many “favorites” as you can think of – your favorite holiday, animal, person, book, song, food, TV show, game, sport, fun activity, clothes, place . . . and, of course, you!